Striving for Excellence through the Quest for Knowledge
The Mission of Baker High School is to provide a safe, caring, environment in which students will become productive citizens, conscientious adults, and life-long learners.
The purpose of the Mobile County Public School System is to equip and empower college and career ready graduates.
The Advanced Placement Program (AP) enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. The program consists of college-level courses developed by the AP Program that high schools can choose to offer and corresponding exams that are administered once a year. Baker High School had 21 Advanced Placement courses and houses the prestigious AP Capstone Diploma Program.
- Advanced Placement Capstone- Signature Academy
- Business Information Technology Academy (BIT)
- Early Childhood Education Academy
- Engineering Academy
- Fine Arts, Media, and Entertainment Academy (FAME)
- Health Sciences and Human Services Academy
- Hospitality and Tourism Academy
- Marine and Zoological, Environmental Sciences Academy (MAZES)
- Transportation and Public Services Academy (TAPS)
- Bryant Career Tech Center Academy