Baker High School Guidance Department
2021-2022 Course Request Information
ONLINE COURSE SCHEDULING
Incoming Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior students can select online by clicking the respective link below. Please refer to the video directions, if you need additional explanations for each area of course selections. You can also contact your grade-level counselor by clicking their email to the right. Please also view the MCPSS Diploma Requirements and check off the courses you have successfully completed/passed before scheduling for the new year.
2020-2021 COURSE SELECTIONS
Career Portfolio Completion
ALL Juniors Must Complete The Kuder Navigator Career Portfolio (Career Interest Assessments, Cover Letter, And Resume) As Part Of Their Graduation Requirements. Instructions For Completion As Well As A Sample Cover Letter Are Included Below. Email Ms.Weaver With Any Questions Or Concerns.
Grade Level Counselors
Kristie Matthews, 12th Grade
Heather Weaver, 11th Grade
Christy Melton, 10th Grade
LeAnne Smith, 9th Grade
Jennifer Lee, Testing
251-221-3000 Ext. 10006
251-221-3000 Ext. 10005
251-221-3000 Ext. 10051
251-221-3000 Ext. 10008
251-221-3000 Ext. 10061
Community Service/College Experience Opportunities
College Experience Opportunities
ACT Boot Camp Information
Baker High School's Code for ACT/SAT/AP testing is 012525.
- Visit act.org for more information.
***A Limited number of Fee waivers available to those who qualify for National ACT test dates. These are only for Juniors and Seniors. See your grade level Counselor.
ACT Work Keys
Seniors who have not yet earned a credential for graduation will take the ACT Work Keys exam during the month of October and April.
ASVAB - update will be posted soon
Two ways to complete the FAFSA:
HARD COPY: Download a PDF version
(Visit https://studentaid.gov/ to print)
**Opens October 1st for seniors and their parents to complete. This must be completed in order to qualify for scholarships and/or financial aid.**
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT college entrance exam, please register as soon as possible.
- If you have not taken these tests required for admission to 4 year colleges/universities, you probably need to check calendar for dates!
- Important Update: Those students interested in applying to Auburn University must have your official ACT/SAT scores sent directly from the testing agency to Auburn University. ACT/SAT scores from your transcript will not be accepted.
- ASVAB Minimum Scores Needed for High School Graduates: The scores listed below are just averages and achieving one of the scores below does not mean you will automatically be able to enlist into that Branch of the Military. To find out more, it is best for you to meet with a Recruiter. Coast Guard - 40 (very competitive) Air Force - 36 (average score of enlistee is 50) Navy - 35 & Navy Reserves - 31 Marines - 32 Army - 31
When applying for scholarships, please be aware that you should not give out any financial information regarding credit card numbers or bank accounts. Any scholarship requesting such information is a scam! If you are concerned with possible scams, visit http://www.nasfaa.org/ or www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams for signs of fraud.