Requirements for the Baker High School National Honor Society are as follows:
1. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have a 3.5 unweighted GPA are invited to apply at the end of the first semester each year
2. No B, C, or D discipline referrals (in the last calendar year)
3. Three service contacts, one of which must be from school. This can include a sports team, a service club, etc. Examples of these include the following: Key Club, Junior Civitan, sports teams, band, chorus, dance team. You may not have two from the same discipline; for instance, you may not use baseball and football as they are both sports. Service contacts cannot include parents, family friends, or relatives. It also cannot include babysitting or cutting grass for a neighbor. These need to be completed with an "organization." If you have questions, please ask.
4. Good teacher recommendations
5. Completed application turned in on time
Inductions are completed in the spring usually in March or April.
Meeting days are every second Wednesday of the month, and meetings start promptly at 7:00 A.M. in the library media center. You are marked tardy at 7:05
G.P.A.s will be checked once grades have been completed. All members are required to have a 3.5 unweighted g.p.a. Questions? See Mrs. Ivey in room 813 or Mrs. Seymour in room 211.
All National Honor Society members are required to have 3 service hours each quarter. These hours must be turned in by the last day of each quarter.
Please be prompt to all meetings. Two unexcused absences from meetings require that a member is brought before the Faculty Council for discipline. Two unexcused tardies equal an unexcused absence.
Dues for National Honor Society members are $40. This is due by October at the end of first quarter
Vice President--Destiny Cheatwood
Recording Secretary--Alexis Klepec
All National Honor Society Members!!!! We send out REMINDERS before every meeting!
Text @f87ff to 81010
Dates to Know:
School supply drive--August
THREE service hours (total) due by Wednesday, August 14th
Dues ($40) must be paid by Friday, October 11th (last day of first quarter)
SIX service hours (total) due by Friday, October 11th (last day of first quarter)
NINE service hours (total) due by Thursday, December 19th (last day of second quarter)
Ronald McDonald House cleaning supply drive--January
TWELVE service hours (total) due by Thursday, March 12th (last day of third quarter)
National Honor Society new member Induction--April 2020
National Honor Society Senior Banquet--May 2020